In order to maintain a clean and hygienic environment, it is essential that drainage elements are designed and manufactured to ensure bacteria traps are minimised.
The Australian Food Standards Code, Section 3.2.3, Food Premises and Equipment, calls for the design of fittings to facilitate cleaning operations. This is to minimise the likelihood of contamination. Additionally, for these applications, ponding of water on floors is not acceptable.
For over 20 years, ACO has been the leading manufacturer of drainage products for the building and construction industry in Australasia. With an extensive amount of experienced manufacturing and supplying stainless steel drainage systems, ACO is now welcoming a brand new range of stainless steel gullies to their commercial plumbing product line.
ACO’s new stainless steel gullies are designed to comply with Australian, New Zealand and International standards for optimum hygiene performance. The entire range is WaterMark approved. This is granted to products that comply to AS 5200.000 or AS 3495 and certified in accordance with ISO/IEC Guide 67.2004, System 18
In addition to this, the range is designed according to guidelines described in standards, EN 1672, EN ISO 14159 and those from the European Hygienic Engineering and Design Group (EHEDG).
EN 1672 and EN ISO 14159 are standards that set out hygiene requirements for use in food processing and commercial kitchens. EHEDG is a consortium of food industries, public health authorities, research institutes and equipment manufacturers. Their purpose is to promote hygiene through improved engineering and design in all aspects of food manufacture. EHEDG principles are recognised by food industry designers worldwide, including Australia.
ACO’s stainless steel floor gullies consist of an assortment of bodies and grates for both horizontal and vertical pipe connections. They’re designed for those who are conscious of the importance of high performance, hygiene and durability.
Strong, durable, corrosion resistant, easy to clean and low on maintenance, ACO’s stainless steel gullies can be used for:
- Food processing areas
- Hospitals and health clinics
- Hotels and restaurants
- Chemical and pharmaceutical plants
- Swimming pool areas
- Bottling plants
- Commercial kitchens; and,
- Residential areas
ACO’s stainless steel gullies are the result of considerable investment in the area of stainless steel technology and product design.
A variety of products are available to suit a range of applications, including a choice of stainless steel bucket traps, grates and internal foul air traps (FATs) for where construction height is limited.
- Gullies to suit 200mm, 300mm square and round grates
- Gullies for DN100, DN150 horizontal and vertical pipe connection
- Gullies in fixed height or adjustable height styles
- A full range of grates, bucket traps and accessories
- Designed for optimum hygiene performance to EN 1672, EN ISO 14159 and EHEDG guidelines
- Deep drawn bodies enable full drainage, eliminating stagnant wastewater, smells and microbial growth
- Pickle passivated, and therefore highly corrosion resistant
- Resistant to temperature extremes and shocks
- Linished for optimal aesthetics
- Load compliant and slip resistant grates
- Optional AS 3495 compliant internal foul air traps for limited depth applications
If you want to get in touch with ACO to find out more about any of our building drainage systems visit www.acobuildingdrainage.com.au or give us a call directly on 1300 765 226 to speak with a member of our friendly support team to discuss your requirements.